This is the Terms and Usage page for Voltage Inc. They are the sole proprietor of this Wikia's games and have all rights to the images and stories posted here. As such, their products must be used appropriately and follow their set of guidelines.
This page will list those and will continue to expand and changed in accordance to Voltage Inc. themselves.
It is crucial that all users follow these guidelines.
1. Limited License Conditions
- A. License
The License granted to you shall be conditioned upon your compliance with this Agreement. Any commercial use of the Application is prohibited. You shall be strictly prohibited from copying, renting, leasing, transferring, publicly transmitting or otherwise distributing the downloaded Application, or transferring or sub-licensing the rights to use the Application. The effective term of the License granted to you shall commence on the date that you install or use the Application and shall end on the date that you dispose of the Application or the date that Voltage terminates the License, whichever is earlier. If you try to avoid technology protection measures for the Application, the License granted to you shall immediately be terminated.
- B. Restrictions
- C. Reservation of Rights
- Except for the rights specifically licensed or granted to you herein, Voltage shall reserve any rights, including all copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights and publicity rights associated with the Application (including but not limited to all characters, stories, images, photographs, animations, music, texts).
- D. Your Contributions
- If expressly authorized in the Application, you may provide any contributions (including but not limited to any and all ideas and creations; hereinafter the same) to the Application and related goods and services. However, if such contributions provided by you using the Application give rise to any copyright or other intellectual property rights (including the right to receive any intellectual property rights; hereinafter the same), you shall grant said rights to Voltage free of charge.
- This shall include the rights to copy, adapt, modify, perform, display, publish, broadcast, record, videotape, play, distribute, publicly transmit, or otherwise communicate to the public by any means, whether now known or unknown, and distribute your contributions without any notice or compensation of any kind to you for the entire term of protection granted to intellectual property rights by applicable laws and conventions. Even when such notice or compensation is required under law, you shall expressly waive your rights to it.
- Your contributions offered through the Application shall be limited to those thought, invented, devised or created solely by you, and if Voltage receives any claim or demand from any co-idea giver, co-inventor, co-deviser or co-creator or any third party who has given an idea for, invented, devised or created such contribution, in connection with the use of and licensing of such contributions to a third party, you shall release Voltage from liability and shall assume responsibility to resolve such claim or demand at your expense and responsibility.
- E. Access
- You must provide, at your own expense, the equipment, Internet connections, mobile devices and/or service plans in order to access and use the Application. Voltage does not guarantee that the Application can be accessed from all wireless devices or wireless service plans or that there will be no suspension or defect in any of the services provided by wireless carriers.
- Voltage does not guarantee that it is possible to use the Application in all geographic locations. You acknowledge that when using the Application, you will be charged by your wireless carrier for data, messaging and/or other wireless access.
- With respect to those charges which are applicable to you, please check with your wireless carrier. All costs incurred when accessing the Application from your mobile device shall be borne by you.
2. Consent to Use of Data
You agree that Voltage may collect, use, store, transmit and make other use of non-personally identifiable technical and related information that identifies your mobile device, operating system, application software and peripheral hardware in order to facilitate product support and other customer services. In addition, Voltage may collect, use, store, transmit and make other use of non-personally identifiable statistics regarding the use of the Application and other services related thereto (collectively, the “Services”). Voltage may use, store, transmit and make other use of this information in aggregate, and in a form that does not personally identify you, in order to improve its products and services, and Voltage also may share anonymous aggregate data with its affiliates and Voltage’s third party service providers.
3. In-game Advertising
The Application may include a function to display in-game advertisements, provided by a third-party, which is uploaded with new content from time to time on your mobile device while you are using such a device online. While you are using the Application, Voltage or such in-game advertisement provider may use information which can be logged from your device, such as age and gender, to ensure that the appropriate advertisement is presented within the Application and to calculate the number of views such advertisement has had. Data logged from your mobile device includes the IP address, unique device identification number, device manufacturer and model, [in-game] location, length of time an advertisement is visible for and the size of the advertisement, and your response to the advertisement (if any). Logged data may only be disclosed to parties other than the advertisement providers and assignees permitted by Voltage in aggregate of views such advertisement has had and in a form that does not personally identify you. If you do not wish to receive such advertisements or have the above information used, please do not use the Application.
4. ID Management.
In using the downloaded service of the Application, you may use the Application by inputting an ID issued to you by Voltage or a third party designated Voltage (hereinafter, “ID”). No ID and password issued by a third party designated by Voltage shall be kept at Voltage. You are solely responsible for management of the ID. Accordingly, all use of the Services through the use of the ID shall be deemed to be by you except where there is impersonation by another party attributable to Voltage’s willful conduct or gross negligence, and all usage fees and other obligations shall be borne by you. You are expressly prohibited from using the Services through the use of any ID other than your ID (for example, the ID of an existing or fictional third party).
5. Usage Fees
In the case that there is a fee for use of the Application, you shall be authorized to use the Services in accordance with this Agreement conditioned upon your payment of the usage fee set forth by Voltage. The method of payment may differ depending on the service. Other usage fees and payment procedures and methods are set forth in the Application. Voltage may amend the usage fees and billing method for the Services anytime through procedures stipulated in this paragraph, and such amendments shall take effect upon announcement thereof on the Application. Voltage will announce the amendment to usage fees and billing method for a period which it determines as reasonable for a period for advance notice in the Application. You agree to periodically confirm the payment method details in the Application in order for you to learn of any such amendments and the details thereof without delay. In addition, usage fees paid by you in order to use the Services shall all be paid in advance. As well, and except where otherwise expressly agreed and informed by Voltage, or in cases where the Application cannot be used due to Voltage’s willful conduct or gross negligence, usage fees may not be refunded whatsoever once paid. You shall pay all usage fees incurred in relation to the use of the Services (including fees not yet confirmed due to disputes), and shall not be entitled to reserve such payment for any reason whatsoever. Further, you expressly acknowledge that even if the Application may not be used due to suspension of or defect in the telecommunication service and/or internet connection service which you use under contract or free of charge, the fees billed with respect to the use of the Application pursuant to the agreement with Voltage will not be refunded.
6. Prohibited Acts
You are prohibited from conducting any act which falls under or may fall under any of the following (collectively, “Prohibited Acts”) in using the Services. If Voltage reasonably determines that you have performed a Prohibited Act, you shall be deemed to have materially breached this Agreement, and Voltage may immediately delete the relevant part or stop you from using the Services without notification to you. If Voltage deems it necessary for the purposes of protection of rights, properties and other assets of Voltage, protection against criminal acts, protection of human life, body, properties, etc., and sound growth and protection of children, Voltage may disclose, and provide to a court, public prosecutor’s office, police, local government or other institution authorized under laws and regulations, log-in information, mobile device terminal information, the Services link-up information and other information regarding you without your permission.
- (1) Unpleasant language or conduct toward other customers, or credit damaging or defamatory language or conduct such as slander or groundless rumors regarding other customers and other third parties;
- (2) Sexually suggestive language or conduct, threatening language or conduct, violent language or conduct, racially prejudiced language or conduct, discriminatory language or conduct, illegal language or conduct, vulgar language or conduct, obscene language or conduct, defamatory language or conduct, or any other unpleasant language or conduct;
- (3) Impersonation of an officer or employee of Voltage or its affiliates;
- (4) Formation and action of a group (clan) that has prejudiced beliefs based on religion, race, gender, ethnic groups, human rights or any other prejudiced views, or with the goal of commercial activity, group solicitation, exchange of prohibited goods or religious activity;
- (5) Any act which conflicts or may conflict with international law, constitution, laws, regulations and any other laws and ordinances;
- (6) Any act which infringes or may infringe copyrights, trademark rights or any other rights of Voltage or third parties;
- (7) Falsification, deletion, unauthorized access to, impersonation of an existing or fictional party (including use of another party’s ID) and any similar acts with respect to the information on the Application, or an attempt to perform any such acts;
- (8) Any act which collects or may collect, or stores or may store, personal information of other customers and third parties;
- (9) Any and all acts the main purpose of which Voltage deems is to engage in or induce meetings, contact, etc. with unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
- (10) Any act for the purpose of sexual conduct or indecent acts;
- (11) Any act which induces or encourages minors to run away from home;
- (12) Any act which is determined to have an adverse effect on or be an obstacle to character formation or the sound growth of minors;
- (13) Any act which shows information, etc. equivalent to child pornography or child abuse, or any act which sells media in which such information is contained or any act which shows or transmits any advertisement that brings to mind the transmission, showing or sale thereof;
- (14) Any act which writes things inviting children (under 18) to be an opposite sex dating partner or any act which writes things inviting adults to be an opposite sex dating partner of children;
- (15) Any act against public order and morals, instigation thereof or assistance therein, or any act that may cause such acts, or instigation thereof or assistance therein;
- (16) Any act connected with illegal acts (transfer of pistols or other items, manufacture of explosives, provision of child pornography, counterfeiting of official documents, murder, intimidation, betting, gambling, fraud, misuse of controlled substance, child prostitution, illegal sale of financial accounts and mobile phones, etc.), or instigation thereof or assistance therein, or any act that may cause such connection, instigation or assistance;
- (17) Any act connected with suicide or self-injury, or instigation thereof or assistance therein, or any act that may cause such connection, instigation or assistance;
- (18) Rent, transmission, disclosure, transfer, name change, sale of the Application’s ID and game data, or grant of permit for use thereof to third parties, and any other act which makes the Application’s ID and game data available to third parties, and provision thereof as security;
- (19) Use of the Application for any purpose other than the purpose which Voltage intends;
- (20) Any and all acts which have been or may be an obstacle for Voltage and the management side of the Services other than the acts set forth in the preceding items;
- (21) Acts corresponding to each of the above items; or
- (22) Other acts determined by Voltage as prohibited acts and notified and disclosed to you.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
Unless otherwise provided by law, the Application is provided “as is,” may have any kind of fault and is used at your responsibility without warranty of any kind, without performance of assurances or guarantees. All risk of satisfactory quality and performance resides with you. Voltage does not make, and hereby disclaims, any and all express, implied and statutory warranties, including implied warranties of condition, uninterrupted use, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights of the Application, and warranties (if any) arising from a course of transaction, usage or trade practice. Voltage does not warrant against interference with your enjoyment of the Application. For example, it does not guarantee that the Application will meet your requirements, that the operation of the Application will be uninterrupted or error free, that the Application will be compatible or interoperate with any other application, that any errors in the Application can be corrected or that the Application will be available for reinstallation in the same or multiple telecommunication devices. Further, Voltage does not guarantee, for any reason or cause, that data created and obtained by you when using the Application will not be lost. No oral or written advice provided by Voltage or any authorized representative or employee thereof shall create a warranty. As some jurisdictions, under the provisions of the law or the courts, do not allow the exclusion of or limitations on implied warranties or the limitations on the statutory rights of consumers, the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you in the jurisdiction of such laws and courts where such exclusion of or limitations on implied warranties or the limitations on the statutory rights of consumers conflict with the such laws or judgment of the courts.
8. Limitation of Liability
Except where otherwise caused by Voltage’s willful conduct or gross negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall Voltage be liable to you for any personal injury, property damage, lost profits, cost of substitute goods or services, loss of data, loss of credibility, work stoppage, device failure or malfunction or any other form of direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive damages arising out of this Agreement or the Application or any act in connection therewith, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract, strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Voltage has been advised of the possibility of such damage. As some jurisdictions, under the provisions of the law or the courts, do not allow a limitation of liability for death, personal injury, fraudulent misrepresentation or certain intentional or negligent acts, or violation of specific statutes or the limitation of incidental or consequential damages, the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you in the jurisdiction of such laws and courts where such exclusion or limitations conflict with such laws or judgment of the courts. In no event shall Voltage’s total liability to you for all damages (except as otherwise required by law) exceed the amount actually paid by you for the Application and in the case that the use of the Application and this Service is free of charge, Voltage shall not be liable to you for any monetary compensation.
9. Injunctive Relief
You acknowledge that a breach of this Agreement will cause irreparable damage to Voltage for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agree that, in addition to any remedies under this Agreement or at law, Voltage may seek temporary relief (provisional measures) to stop such a breach without the guarantee of money or other security, or proof of damage.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction This Agreement and the use of the Application by you shall be governed by the laws of Japan (except conflict of laws principles). You expressly agree that the Tokyo District Court shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any lawsuit arising from or in connection with this Agreement and/or the use of the Application by you, and you shall raise no objections in relation thereto. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna, 1980) shall not apply to this Agreement or to any dispute or transaction arising from this Agreement.
11. Entire Agreement
Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Voltage with respect to the Application and supersedes all prior or current understandings regarding the matters set forth in the Agreement. No failure to exercise, and delay in exercising, by either party, any right or any authority under this Agreement shall be deemed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or authority under this Agreement preclude further exercise of any other right hereunder.
12. Handling of Personal Information
- (1) Obtainment of personal information
- At the Application, Voltage may request that you provide your personal information, including your name, email address and birthday, before using the content thereof. In addition, Voltage may ask you to provide other information through questionnaires and other means to develop and provide services that match your needs.
- (2) Use of personal information
- Information obtained through the Application will be used for the following purposes: 1. To send emails and email newsletters containing advertisements and information on campaigns; and
- 2. To develop and improve marketing and services in the Application
- (3) Protection of personal information
- In order to protect your personal information, Voltage strives to implement appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage thereof, and other similar acts.
- (4) Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- Voltage will never assign, provide or disclose your personal information and data provided in the Application to third parties except where:
- 1. Your consent is obtained;
- 2. Handling of personal data is contracted out within the scope necessary to perform services provided by Voltage;
- 3. Based on laws and regulations;
- 4. There is a need to protect human life/body or property and obtaining your consent is difficult; 5. It is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote healthy child development and obtaining the your consent is difficult; or
- 6. When Voltage needs to cooperate in the execution of administrative affairs by a national body, local public authority or their assignee as prescribed in laws and regulations, the said execution may be disturbed through obtainment of your consent.
- Voltage will never assign, provide or disclose your personal information and data provided in the Application to third parties except where:
- (5) Disclosure of personal information to you
If you wish to disclose or correct the personal information you have provided or stop the use thereof, please kindly contact Voltage. Voltage will verify your identification and then swiftly respond to your request through procedures stipulated by Voltage.
May 15, 2013 Voltage Inc. Personal Information Protection Manager Matsunaga
More coming soon...
This section is particularly important due to the CGs significance. These terms come from Voltage's own website.
Fair Use of Voltage, Inc. IP
Since its creation in 1999, Voltage Inc. has been a leading name in interactive romance novels. We develop more than apps—we produce dramas about love and the challenges associated with it. This passionate subject has created a passionate, talented community of fans. We are humbled by the interest shown by our fans in sharing our games and creating their own work based on our creations! At the same time, we at Voltage spend a lot of time, thought, and money creating these games you love, including the characters, music, sound effects, stories, and illustrations. We need to protect them so we can keep creating.
You can consider this document a guideline for “fair use” for our English-language games. Copyright can be complicated, however, and this cannot cover all situations. Please be respectful of your fellow fans and of us.
Here are some examples of things we are okay with:
- Original art inspired by our games and characters
- A few screenshots
- Avatars, banners, and other personal-use images
- Our announcements and images as released on social media
Here are some examples of things that are not okay:
- Videos, screenshot series, or text reproductions of a story
- Posting our music and sound effects
- Anything being sold
- Misleading or confusingly similar apps or art
In short, we don’t want anyone confused, we don’t want to spoil stories, and we don’t want what you share to replace the experience someone can get straight from the source (us!).
Please remember that these guidelines are subject to change and are not legally binding. We want to find a balance with our fans; it takes time to do that. Whenever possible, we will reach out to fans posting material in the “gray area” before making a formal takedown request.
Thank you for taking the time to read this policy. We hope it helps!
"Is it allowed to share CGs from Samurai Love Ballad: Party? I was playing the Japanese version, and we were told that it was forbidden to share the CGs there. Does the rule apply to the English version? Or are we allowed to share, but only in Tumblr, just like with the other Voltage apps? Thank you!"
Hello! First of all, thank you for listening in regard to sharing the CGs from the Japanese version. We truly appreciate your cooperation!
In regard to the CGs (aka Portraits) from Samurai Love Ballad: PARTY, as we are offering the option in-game to download them to your device, please refrain from sharing the unedited Portraits. We wish to offer them as a special bonus to encourage people to check out all the stories!
However, we are aware that one of the greatest parts of Tumblr is the ability to share things that you have enjoyed, and that Tumblr’s interface is geared toward images in particular. So, as long as they are not for profit, we do allow the following in regard to Samurai Love Ballad: PARTY:
★Edited/modified portrait images. For example, Tumblr or blog layouts for personal/fandom use that are distributed in the fandom on a not-for-profit basis which use the portraits as a base, but without using entire portrait images, image-based memes and captions (written directly on the image and unable to be modified), gifsets, icons…we are trusting you to use your personal judgement in this arena. However, please do understand that we reserve the right to do the same, and if it is discovered that this allowance is being abused, we may revoke the right to share even edited portraits on Tumblr.
If you do decide to make an edit of our images in this way, we would greatly appreciate credit for Samurai Love Ballad: PARTY in the post that it is made. Ideally, we would like links to the app download from the Apple App Store and/or Google Play on posts which contain modified portrait images, or at the very least a link to us here at @voltageparty (though this is not mandatory, just a courtesy to us).
★In-Game Screencaptures (including Story Sections)
We know that one of the most fun parts about having a Tumblr about our games is to share parts of the story you found interesting, exciting or moving–and we do not wish to stop you! You are free to share screencaptures from the story as you wish, as long as spoilers are tagged appropriately and full story sections are not shared (for example, the entirety of an ending, Main Story, Event Story, or Tea Garden story).
Of course, we would appreciate game credits using the links above on these posts as well, but it is not mandatory!
You are absolutely free (and encouraged)! to share in this way, whether it be snippets of story or showing off your in-game character/Fashion Items/Castle/Home Screen!
We love to see how our users are enjoying Samurai Love Ballad: PARTY, which characters and features are favorites, and see that our work is being enjoyed and discussed by our fans!
We hope that this answers all of your questions, and please enjoy Samurai Love Ballad: PARTY!